MyJottingz

impressions on my mind coasting through life's journey...



Vijay versus Big B

I walked in for my interview with Amitabh Bachchan with a thumping heart. Would my hero live up to my expectations? Through my growing up years, I had lived in his shadow. I had cried with Vijay, I had sung with Anthony, I had ridden down dusty streets on a rickety bicycle convinced that I too was the angry young man facing a heartless world.
There he was, this handsome rebel, without family, without godfathers, without privileges. Always on the side of the poor, always the coolie, the lovable gangster, the brooding cop or the lonely alcoholic and yet it was he who won in the end, it was he who triumphed over those with money and wealth. Amitabh was more than even a hero, he was a moral statement, in his suffering eyes I saw the storms of my own heart. Amitabh? Amitabh was it.


Bhupendra like many Amitabh fans, tries to come to terms with an Amitabh of the 70's, a celluoid hero versus Big B the brand today who is still very affable in person

Via - Jai, my hero, is dead, Amitabh is alive

Labels:

If you liked this post , you might want to AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Also for future posts, AddThis Feed Button to my feed using your favorite feed reader

0 Responses to “Vijay versus Big B”

Post a Comment









Google
 

Subscribe to my RSS Feed

  • AddThis Feed Button

Get via Email

Top Posts

Links

    • The Best Stuff in the World
    • The Best Web 2.0 Software of 2006

Text Link Ads

Worth a visit




© 2007 MyJottingz | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Top Personal 

Blogs