MyJottingz

impressions on my mind coasting through life's journey...



Lage Raho Munna Bhai - Two Thumbs Up!!


Munna & Circuit are back and in full form I must say. I had my doubts whether the sequel would be as a good so had to see it for myself and guess what I was pleasantly surprised.

Circuit (Arshad Warsi) & Munna Bhai( Sanjay Dutt) have not only recreated the magic but have taken it a few notches higher. The chemistry between the two is absolutely fabulous and Circuit's one liners are simply hilarious. It's not what he says but the way he says it, his timing is impeccable. Warsi is today I guess India' best actor in a comic role (not just comedian because he is more than just that) and given the right script there is no end to his range. Sadly the actor has not got his due but I am sure this will open more doors for him. Sanju Baba has not let us down either, he has perfected the art of playing a Don and he does it to a T. Viday Balan looks fresh. Vidhu Vinod Chopra has a tradition for introducing new faces but they tend to not go anywhere, hopefully Vidya has reversed the trend. And who can forget Boman Irani who plays a sardar without overdoing the bale bale cliche you see so often and you keep reminding your self, this is not a sardar it's Boman silly.

I think Raju Hirani has successfully created a cult like fan following. And as my brother commented he could even make a trilogy and get away with it. I have never laughed so hard for a long time at jokes in a Hindi film(which tend to be contrived, double entendres- kadar khan variety or slap stick)

Three cheers for genuine comedy in Hindi cinema!!!!


Tags : , ,

If you liked this post , you might want to AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Also for future posts, AddThis Feed Button to my feed using your favorite feed reader

1 Responses to “Lage Raho Munna Bhai - Two Thumbs Up!!”

  1. # Blogger Yipee

    I agree! esp the Warsi bit...check my reviw too

    http://www.yashuhitchcock.blogspot.com/  

Post a Comment









Google
 

Subscribe to my RSS Feed

  • AddThis Feed Button

Get via Email

Top Posts

Links

    • The Best Stuff in the World
    • The Best Web 2.0 Software of 2006

Text Link Ads

Worth a visit




© 2007 MyJottingz | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Top Personal 

Blogs